Peeps® Diorama Contest
2017 BookSmart Peeps® Diorama Contest
We love Peeps®, Not to eat but they are so much fun to play with, so we decided to take it to the next level. Join BookSmart by entering a diorama in our first ever annual BookSmart Peeps® Diorama Contest
1. Create a scene using Peeps®. Sketch some ideas before you start. Extra credit may be given to those who deftly employ puns in the concept or title. All dioramas must include Peeps®.
2. The three things each diorama must have are:
B) Something recognizably Morgan Hill: a landmark, an iconic building, a historical figure, Giant Spider, et cetera
C) Something book or literary related: book, story, theme, character from a book, et cetera
3. Make your diorama using a box with a bottom and 3 sides, not to exceed 24” x 18” and 12” tall. To be eligible for finalist standing, the diorama must be transportable to the store by one person. Do what you like to the chicks and bunnies to make your vision a reality.
4. There are two categories or entry: 1) Adult & Family 2) Children-12 and under. Children must have an adult sponsor. Contest is open anyone who can manage to get the piece to the store for the contest, children, adults or families
5. Bring your diorama to BookSmart between April 8th & 10th. Diorama must be in the store by close of business on April 10th to be eligible. Public voting will commence instore during business hours April 11th, 12th and on the 13th until 3pm. Winners will be chosen by a vote of local dignitaries and popular vote. Winners will be announced at a Celebration of Peeps® April 13th 4 to 5pm.
Please provide: A name, contact phone number, age category and email address on an index card attached to back of diorama (not for publication).
A sign 11.5” x 4” with Title of Diorama (another opportunity for creativity). Do not put name or age on front of diorama. Entries will be judged on creativity and execution not by the name of the creators
6. The decision of the judges combined with the popular vote is final. Seriously!
7. Entrants give permission to BookSmart to use images of their entry for promotional uses without compensation. BookSmart will keep the works on display until Saturday, April 29, when they should be picked up.
8. The top winner in each category will win a $100 BookSmart Gift Card. There may be other prizes awarded as the judges see fit.
Be Creative, Have Fun and start Peeping!
www.mybooksmart.com 1295 E. Dunne Ave. Ste. 120 Morgan Hill, CA 95037